Position Title: Manager, Consultation
Employment Status: Full Time Term
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: Apr 11 2014
NOTE: This is a 2 year term position located in Calgary.
AltaLink is Alberta’s largest transmission company, supplying safe and reliable electricity to more than 85% of Alberta’s population.
AltaLink is taking on new challenges in the middle of Canada’s fastest growing economy. We are doing everything in our power to attract and keep the best and brightest to expand our team of top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and record of safety and operational excellence.
We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our growing team!
An opportunity currently exists for the position of Manager Consultation within the External Engagement group. This role requires an experienced, strategic, technically proficient, outgoing and innovative individual to oversee the consultation processes required for transmission projects for AltaLink.
Under the leadership of the Director, Consultation, the Manager of Consultation is accountable to lead the implementataion of best in class landowner consultation strategies with the objective of obtaining input on project proposals and creating effective long term relationships with landowners.
• Input into the development of and oversee the application of appropriate participant involvement programs, processes and tools required for large electric transmission projects.
• Design public information sessions, open houses or other stakeholder engagement sessions that are required to obtain input on project.
• Lead a team of consultation specialists and guide other staff involved in stakeholder engagement in the selection and design of the appropriate consultation approaches and programs.
• Represent the AltaLink External Engagement team in Project Lead meetings
• Act as AltaLink's witness for consultation issues at Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) hearings.
• Manage consultants carrying out consultation activities on behalf of the company.
• Overall accountability for creation and management of the consultation budget associated with transmission projects.
• Maintain a network within the consultation community in Alberta.
• Degree or Diploma in Social Sciences or Communications from a recognized institution or equivalent education and experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in public consultation for proposed industrial facilities including 3 years of experience managing direct reports.
• Proven ability in dealing with the public.
• Able to deal with controversial public/landowner/agency issues.
• Background in dealing with land use issues, rights-of-way etc. with public stakeholders.
• Witness skills or similar background in public communication forums.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong Team Player.
• Membership in or accreditation from the International Association for Public Participation or similar organizations would be an asset.
• Proven track record good performance and attendance.
AltaLink employees should be aware that we may contact your manager during the selection process.
Interested applicants can submit their resume and cover letter to http://www.altalink.ca by Apr 11 2014.