BeneFACT Consulting Group is Canada's largest independent Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) consulting firm. BeneFACT utilizes market-leading financial and technical expertise to ensure that companies maximize their SR&ED tax credits. With deep experience in General Manufacturing, Information Technology, Food & Beverage, Chemicals and Oil & Gas, Life Sciences & Biotechnology and other fields, BeneFACT is uniquely positioned to provide risk-free service to businesses seeking SR&ED tax credits.
We currently have a unique opportunity for a bright, focused and self-motivated Financial Consultant to join our team of high caliber professionals. In this role, you will be responsible for the collection and preparation of all financial aspects of the SR&ED claims process. Our client base includes a variety of premier corporate leaders in the software, hardware and manufacturing arenas.
• Contacting clients by phone and email to acquire all related R&D cost information
• Liaising with internal and external client accountants for the purpose of coordinating the joint filing and amendments of corporate tax returns
• Preparation of the R&D cost schedules in MS Excel
• Preparation of the relevant tax forms in TaxPrep
• Following up with the CRA and Ministry of Finance
• Liaise with Technical Consultants to clarify costing schedules and claim
• Occasional onsite client visits may be required
• 2+ years of work experience in a fast paced corporate environment with strict deadlines
• Post-secondary education is required, with preference given to accounting or business degrees
• Active enrollment in a Canadian accounting designation is required
• Advanced Excel skills including experience using complex formulas, macros, linking spreadsheets, Vlookups, etc.
• Great attention to detail and a quick learner
• Must be deadline driven and can work in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills for phone work
• Ability to prioritize, multitask, and simultaneously work on multiple projects
• Experience with the preparation of corporate tax returns is highly desirable
BeneFACT offers a highly competitive salary and compensation package. Compensation is directly commensurate with experience, qualifications and performance.
Please visit http://www.benefact.ca/careers.html.