Our Truck Mechanics, working under limited supervision, perform preventative maintenance, run inspections, diagnostics tests, and repair a variety of vehicles and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Familiarity with a computer is necessary, as our Mechanics complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software programs, documenting part usage and accounting for repair time.
Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
• The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Must be able to pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, medical, and an extensive federal, provincial and local background check
Education and Experience
• 1+ year as a Journeyman Mechanic or Red Seal Certification.
• Must be able to supply your own set of hand tools
• Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
• licensed On-Road or Off-Road Technician Journeyman OR a licensed Heavy Equipment Technician Journeyman (Alberta Commercial Vehicle Inspection license)
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct Victoria: 250-483-5520 Ext 2001| Direct Calgary: 403-775-0145
Join my LinkedIn network
Suite 305 - 2722 Fifth Street, Victoria, BC, V8T 4B2