• Degree in engineering or a recognized business program.
• A minimum of 10 years of project cost control experience preferably in an EPCM environment.
• Excellent knowledge of engineering controls, cost control, and project reporting.
• Knowledge of procurement/contracts, and construction management.
• Expert knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted procedures
• Excellent organizational, technical writing and verbal communication skills are essential Fluent in English with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Recognized as a functional expert and thought leader within the department and broader organization
• Anticipates complex internal and external business issues with impact on the organization and can recommend innovative program and/or program solutions
• Contributes to strategic program development
• Proficient with engineering software applications; Computer proficiency required; Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail important. Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important
• The ability to prepare and present complex program proposals and reports to senior level management and customers is critical
• Ability to establish project estimates and oversight of project budgets
• Commitment to customer service and ability to guide department personnel in partnership with and during manager's absence is essential
• Ability to maintain confidential information critical
• Generally characterized as a "Leader" or "Technical Specialist" with the ability to technically advise and guide the department program design and development
• Leads complex and often cross-functional project teams
• Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and upper management, and frequently with outside customers
Business Development Manager
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct Victoria: 250-483-5520 Ext 2001
Direct Calgary: 403-775-0145