Maintenance Supervisor (Manager)
This position will appeal to an individual who has a minimum of 5 years of experience supervising a Maintenance department and wants to be a part of something very new and exciting in the food manufacturing business.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering this position will be responsible for:
• Manage a team of Millwrights / Electricians/Technicians to carry out day to day maintenance work
• Ensure that all maintenance work is conducted with Safety, Food Safety, and Product Quality as fundamental requirements.
• Ensuring the building, machinery and services (electricity, steam, refrigeration etc.) conform and are maintained to legislative requirements.
• Analyzes machinery down time/ utilization and implements solutions to ensure that equipment operate at the rated efficiencies.
• Work the Health & Safety Coordinator to ensure that all employees are trained and practicing all safety requirements.
• Solve production problems that appear to involve inadequacies of equipment and / or operating techniques.
• Recommend modification or replacements to equipment to provide increased running time by reduced maintenance downtime and / or costs.
Requirements, Skills & Qualifications
• 10+ years experience in a Manufacturing Environment, Ideally in the food and beverage sector
o 3+ years in a Maintenance Manager / Supervisor position
o 5+ years experience in fast pace food processing environment
• Demonstrated success supervising people in manufacturing and/or food processing operations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to provide quality customer service
• Excellent computer skills (Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct: 403-775-0145 | Email: email@example.com
Suite 305 - 2722 Fifth Street, Victoria, BC, V8T 4B2