The Production Supervisor will provide leadership excellence to a shift of hourly associates in achieving safety, quality and production goals. This individual is responsible for safely planning, coordinating and maintaining operational schedules, and supporting maintenance to ensure continuous process improvement.
The Production Supervisor is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity; fairness, creating a positive work environment, and ensuring open communication among associates. Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
• A bachelors / 4 year degree is required.
• Ability to lead implementation of Safety improvement via H&SE process.
• Knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills and experience successfully leading a team to achieve excellent results.
• Ability to generate commitment and motivate employees toward a common goal.
• Strong communication skills: written, oral and listening.
• Ability to track/measure performance utilizing Total Quality methods/tools.
• Good planning and organizing ability.
• Ability to problem solve in a group/team environment.
• Basic understanding of business and financial concepts.
• Basic understanding of labour and or employee relations.
• Solid computer skills.
• Experience in Quality Control would be an asset.
• Experience in a high performance work system would be an asset.
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct Victoria: 250-483-5520 Ext 2001| Direct Calgary: 403-775-0145
Join my LinkedIn network
Suite 305 - 2722 Fifth Street, Victoria, BC, V8T 4B2