Electrical Engineer/Designer, Edmonton AB
• Plans, coordinates or prepares equipment or work specifications, bid evaluations and award recommendations for equipment
• When delegated, assumes a lead technical role over other engineers or project subgroups for completing specific tasks.
• Prepares or assists in preparation of conceptual studies, designs, reports or proposals.
• Prepares and/or assists in the preparation of cost estimates, quantity take-offs, and staffing requirements for proposals, forecasts and change orders.
• Supports the creation of a work environment that fosters openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
• Coordinates technical issues with other departments on projects including constructability requirements and reviews.
Desired Skills & Experience
• 5+ years in electrical engineering for Oil & Gas, Refinery, Heavy Industrial or Power projects, in an EPC environment.
• Single/Three line diagrams, control schematics, grounding and lighting drawings, cable schedules, panel schedules and electrical equipment data sheets;
• Equipment sizing, cable sizing, voltage drop, motor starting and lighting calculations, load flow, fault calculations, relay coordination.
• Design of high voltage transmission/distribution system and medium/low voltage distribution system.
• Electric Heat tracing design.
• A recognized degree or diploma in an engineering, OR;
• Sufficient number of specialized courses in relevant general engineering or appropriate engineering disciplines to meet job requirements, AND;
• Knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards.
• Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
Engineering Division, The Staffing Exchange
Direct: 403-775-0145 | Join my LinkedIn network | firstname.lastname@example.org