|Recruiting & Resource Centre (RR Centre)|
|Sr. Business Analyst|
Our Financial Services client is searching for a Sr. Business Analyst who will be responsible for fully understanding and capturing all relevant business requirements from all stakeholders for business problems or opportunities. Work together with business units, external vendors and internal technology teams to create and implement appropriate technology solutions to best address those needs. Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring on BA skills and techniques to less experienced Business Analysts. Provide input and expertise on business subject matters to project team members and IT department.
• Evaluate new technology solutions for the business.
• Lead the process to extract business requirements from the subject matter experts.
• Apply data gathering, analysis techniques and business/system knowledge to translate business requirements into systems requirements.
• Document traceable, measurable business system requirements and review with stakeholders and obtain sign-off on accuracy and completeness.
• Work with subject matter experts to resolve outstanding issues.
• Review with stakeholders and obtain sign-off on accuracy and completeness.
• Manage Business Requirements throughout life of the project and ensure changes identified in later phases are fully incorporated into all remaining project phases and documentation.
• Apply in-depth knowledge of existing applications to leverage & optimize technology.
• Define & implement best practices for business analysis.
• Work with IT technical resources to translate business systems requirements into options.
• Present options to the business unit and get sign off on selected option.
• Work with the architects and designers to create detailed systems specifications.
• Identify and estimate the cost of business analysis tasks for IT projects and ensure timely, on-budget delivery of assigned tasks.
• Review and provide input to test plans by documenting Use Cases and creating test case scenarios and validating test results.
• Identify business and technical project risks and propose associated mitigation strategies in conjunction with the rest of the project team.
• Facilitate communications between business units and IT Technical resources.
• Business process analysis & recommendations for process improvements.
• Recognize and/or anticipate system problems and business issues.
• Analyze the source and impact of all identified system or procedural problems.
• Compile, document and present possible solution alternatives, temporary workarounds and risk reduction strategies for all identified system or procedural problems.
• Consult regarding relevant problems with recommended action plans to senior business partners when the impact is outside pre-determined system tolerances.
• Business analysis capabilities and training.
• Lead & coach Analysts in Business Units.
• Decide approach to be taken to gather business requirements.
• Identify training materials or courses for BA skills.
• Act as a knowledge expert and mentor for Business Analysis Job Stream.
Education & Experience:
• Post secondary degree or diploma
• Understanding of Information Technology concepts
• Experience in the Financial Services industry would be an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals whose skills closely match the position requirements will be contacted.
|Date: ||June 5, 2014|
|Wage/Salary: ||Lucrative Base Salary + Bonus - Based on experience|
|Type:|| Full Time|
|How to apply:||Please send your resume via email. Thank you.|
|Company: ||Recruiting & Resource Centre (RR Centre)|
|Contact: ||Charmaine Geddes|
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not
have permission to live and work in Canada. Unless the advert states otherwise,
please ensure you have this permission before applying.