Our client is a power management company located in Mississauga, Ontario Canada. The company has an opening for a Direct Tax Manager.
The company provides energy-efficient solutions that help their customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. They have approximately 102,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The company in Canada is a complex organization with over $1 billion in annual sales. The Canadian Direct Tax Manager will have a key role in developing/expanding an Ontario based tax department charged with managing our company's Canadian direct tax profile. Both tax planning, audits & compliance are important responsibilities of this role. The Canadian Direct Tax Manager will play a key role in the strategic combination of recently acquired Canadian businesses and other important initiatives (tax planning, repatriation, foreign affiliate issues)
· Responsible for managing all aspects of Canadian direct tax compliance, including SHR&D computations and foreign affiliate reporting associated with our company's Canada’s complex international structure
· Management of Canadian direct tax audits (federal and provincial).
· Assist in the preparation and completion of the Canadian income tax provision
· Establish strong relationships with our company's Canadian accounting/finance and operations personnel, and serve as the Canadian direct tax technical lead resource for our customers.
· Identify, design, and implement structuring alternatives designed to mitigate Canadian income tax risk and enhance efficiencies in our company's Canadian tax structure
· Assist in tax research and lead the implementation of various projects and initiatives as required (i.e., merger integration, repatriation planning, tax process improvement, etc.)
· Monitor changing Canadian income tax laws and recommend alternatives to mitigate the impact of adverse legislation.
· Identify and manage Canadian foreign affiliate issues and coordinate with cross-functional/jurisdictional teams to mitigate the adverse application of foreign affiliate rules to the our company's Canada group
· Performs all job functions with adherence to our company's Philosophy and Values, Code of Ethics as well as Safety and Environmental standards & commitment to safety and cost improvement.
Education & Experience:
· CA, CGA or other professional designation preferred
· Masters degree in business or accounting
· Bachelor’s degree in business with a specialization on accounting or finance
· Minimum 10 years experience in a professional firm, multi-national company or Tax Authority
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong analytical aptitude and problem solving skills with a proven track record of driving results
· Proven ability to improve efficiencies and implement new processes, with a focus on continuous improvement
· Ability to assimilate information from multiple sources, identify issues, identify or develop solutions and then to implement them
· Good organization and time management skills with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals whose skills closely match the position requirements will be contacted.