PAYROLL & ACCOUNTING CLERK
Competition Number: 14-005-FT
Employment Status: Fulltime Year Round
Responsible for processing payroll and assisting with general accounting and administration functions. Payroll processing involves the preparation and documentation of payroll. The accounting function of the position involves tasks such as preparing accounts payables, credit card transactions, assisting with year-end preparations, and other general accounting duties including analysis, reconciliations, budgets, and night audit functions. The seasonal nature and location of the business provide unique challenges. New and returning staff account for a significant workload at the beginning and end of the season. Payroll and accounting duties are complex and require a high degree of accuracy. This position involves highly confidential communications with employees, departments and management. The need for accurate and timely submissions of information is critical. Integrity, passion, and in-person presentational skills are essential for this role.
• Experience (1-3 years) in accounting/administration. Payroll administration certification an asset.
• Some business education.
• Ability to process payroll and a solid understanding of BC Employment Standards.
• Experience in Accounts Payable.
• Integrity beyond reproach to ensure confidentiality of payroll information and ensure employee confidence.
• Able to work with minimal supervision, efficiently and with precision.
• Good computer skills, with experience in MSWord, Excel, Resort Data Processing (RDP), and AccPac.
• Experience in cash management.
• Proven ability to work in a dynamic and challenging work environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, organization, and attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
• High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Are you looking for a great job - and a great lifestyle? Do you love the outdoors? Would you like to work for the finest heliski resort in the world? If you share a passion for excellence then this opportunity at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing may be the right fit for you. At MWHS we work hard...and play harder.
Mike Wiegele Heli Skiing is located in Blue River, BC, Canada. Blue River is situated on Yellowhead Highway 5 halfway between Kamloops and Jasper. Blue River is paradise to those who love the outdoors. The amazing mountain peaks, and glacier-fed lakes and rivers of the area make for outstanding summer and winter adventure. The small town of Blue River is an excellent base from which to live and explore the pristine wilderness of the BC Interior.
Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing is a Canadian Company dedicated to supplying the finest skiing experience in the world. Guests come from around the world to ski in an area known for it's powder skiing. Since 1970, Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing has been committed to the "soul" of skiing. We are also committed to integrating research and training into every aspect of our operation, from safe travel in the mountains to professional service within every department of the resort.
When you work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing you become part of a larger family of motivated people who thrive in a natural environment that promotes safe practice and good health. Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing offers several benefits in addition to competitive wages. We encourage our staff to become actively involved and enjoy the benefits of work at Mike Wiegele Helicopter Skiing while respecting guidelines and policy.
• Discounted rates at various hotels in Kamloops and Jasper
• Staff meal plan
• 25 % off retail items in our world class boutique
• Fitness center
• Staff accommodation plan