Community Living BC (CLBC) is a provincial crown agency that delivers supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration, community and location. Whether you want a full-time career, part-time employment, or an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, CLBC has a place for you. Our capable and dedicated workforce plays an important role in helping adults with developmental disabilities and their families build good lives, enjoy full citizenship and productive relationships in inclusive, supportive communities. We are an agency committed to helping those we serve achieve their dreams.
- Responsible for overseeing the ongoing collaborative planning to support access to community living services for adults with development disabilities and their families, and individual support through the Personal Supports Initiative.
- Services are designed to maintain or improve quality of life. Supports and services are delivered through a combination of contracted resources and community options developed in conjunction with the Community Planning and Development office.
- Ensures full and complete information on community living services and community-based options is available and provided to individuals and families through a team of Facilitators and administrative staff.
- Connects with the community, contractors and organizations to identify opportunities for innovation and fulfilling CLBC’s vision; seeks feedback from individuals and families; ensures facilitators act to support individuals and families in developing and implementing their plans.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or equivalent degree with a minimum of five (5) years recent demonstrated successful experience in a leadership position, preferably within Community Living field.
For a complete list of qualifications and duties please view our website for the complete job description.
Transportation arrangements must meet operational requirements of CLBC. Use of own vehicle on expenses. Occasional overnight travel.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act) and are required to provide a clean Driver’s Abstract.
Closing Date: October 29, 2014