Community Living BC (CLBC) is a provincial crown agency that delivers supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. CLBC is working to create communities where people with developmental disabilities have more choices about how they live, work and contribute.
More than just a job. CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration, community and location. CLBC's dedicated and capable workforce plays a vital role in achieving the vision of 'good lives in welcoming communities' for adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
This is an auxiliary position. Note:
This position is posted to cover a maternity leave to approximately March 2016. Anticipated part-time work (42 hours bi-weekly)
- Facilitators represent CLBC as the primary contact for individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
- The role includes confirming eligibility for CLBC funded services; supporting and facilitating access to generic services, informal support and CLBC funded services and allocation of small targeted amounts of funding.
- Facilitators may act as a key point of contact for individuals and their families; responding to crisis situations, resolving problems, coordinating services, creating and implementing individual support plans which include informal and formal safeguards.
- Facilitators assist individuals and families to connect to their community, to build on the strengths and assets of the individual, as well as help them develop achievable goals.
- Facilitators assist the individual and their families in identifying the activities and resources required to reach their goals, by supporting the individual to explore their capacity and enhance their ability to make informed decisions.
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or equivalent.
- Experience working in Community Living field with children, youth or adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
For a complete list of qualifications and duties please review the job description posted on our website.
Successful applicants are subject to a Criminal Record Check (Criminal Records Review Act) and are required to provide a clean Driverís Abstract.
CLOSING DATE: December 28, 2014
The job advertised is intended for individuals who have permission to live and work in Canada. Please make sure you meet this legal requirement before applying.