Community Living BC (CLBC) is a provincial crown agency that delivers supports and services to adults with developmental disabilities and their families in British Columbia. More than just a job, CLBC is about compassion, commitment, contribution, collaboration, community and location. Whether you want a full-time career, part-time employment, or an opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way, CLBC has a place for you. Our capable and dedicated workforce plays an important role in helping adults with developmental disabilities and their families build good lives, enjoy full citizenship and productive relationships in inclusive, supportive communities. We are an agency committed to helping those we serve achieve their dreams.
This is an auxiliary position. Please note: auxiliaries may cover vacancies or maternity, vacation, sick, or long-term leaves of varying lengths.
- Report to the Supervisor of Administrative Services
- Serve as a first point of contact and the public face of the Community Planning and Development (CP&D) office and as such, is in regular contact with a wide variety of people from families, to community partners, and other professionals in the community.
- Operates in a ‘semi-paperless’ office environment and has primary responsibility for the establishment and ongoing maintenance of client records.
- Provides reception, telephone, secretarial and administrative support to the CP&D office.
The ideal candidate has the ability to:
- Work collaboratively with others
- Communicate clearly and effectively with a demonstrated patience and understanding
- Deal with difficult situations
- Organize their workload effectively, efficiently and independently.
- Grade twelve diploma or equivalent education with at least three years administrative support/secretarial experience/training.
- Experience with standard computer applications - MS Word, Excel, Windows, and the internet.
For a complete list of qualifications and duties please view the complete job description posted on our website.
CLOSING DATE: October 21, 2014