Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Engineer will provide multi-project leadership to project teams, ensuring that technical excellence, cost, schedule and contractual requirements are achieved.
This individual is responsible for working within a talented facilities engineering team on detailed execution of capital projects. The job includes the development of work plans, scope of work and execution strategies, development and management of human resources and other resources as required to execute work plans. Responsibilities are multi-project and multi-discipline.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree or related Technology Diploma in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- Registration with APEGGA or ASET in the province of Alberta.
- Demonstrated progressive project engineering, discipline engineering or technical management experience in energy related industry.
- 7+ years of experience in the Canadian oil and gas industry.
- Leading the project engineering effort to execute assigned small to medium sized projects varying in scope and complexity.
- Championing and developing specific deliverables such as work scopes, project design criteria, design basis documents, technical documents, cost estimates, schedules and other project related documents.
- Initiating, inputting and developing engineering drawings and engineering work packages.
- Conducting equipment specification, sizing, engineering calculations for system design as required.
- Developing technical documents and design information for regulatory applications with respect to mechanical and pressure systems.
- Interpreting and applying design codes (ASME, ANSI, API, CSA).
- Reviewing vendor drawings and documents for compliance with requirements.
- Assisting the client with front end project development, as required, to define the project scope for team execution.
- Reporting engineering and project progress against planned project budget and schedule.
- Assisting with generation of operating manuals and guidelines.
- Assisting with plant start-up, start-up manuals and commissioning when required.
- Providing continuous review of quality of project work.
- Identifying any new or novel engineering features.
- Ensuring close out of projects and completion of project KPIs.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Applying sound knowledge of engineering design principles to support the project work process in the execution of multiple projects.
- Providing support to the project team in the execution of their project responsibilities. Must be capable and experienced in executing multi-discipline projects.
- Responsible for the analysis of technical issues within their core engineering discipline, aided and supported by other specialist disciplines.
- Is required to be able to work successfully when under pressure adhering to budget and schedule constraints.
Site travel may be required.