The Project Controls Analyst will support the cost and budgetary reporting functions for ongoing and upcoming projects on site. This individual with work closely and communicate with headquarters, the Engineering Manager and Project Managers on site to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget, as well as identifying any slippages to the forecasted budget.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- 3+ years’ experience in the oil and gas industry with a focus on project/cost controls.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel to create reports and documents.
- Proficiency in SAP products for specific transactions is considered an asset.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Accounting, Business Administration, Project Management, or relevant equivalent would be considered an asset.
- PMP certification is considered an asset.
- Providing consistent support in the areas of Cost Control, Planning, Forecasting, Progress Measurement, and Monthly Status Reporting.
- Ensure that the cost estimates and forecasts align with the project schedules.
- Act as a key liaison between site personnel and corporate headquarters around project funding requirements.
- Monitor and capitalize on maintenance spending.
- Compile required data for annual capital budget and provides other supporting documentation for budget analysis, evaluation, and monitoring.
- Retrieve and consolidate project budget information from project managers.
- Assist project managers in planning future projects and advising based on the department’s current capacity.
- Develop and maintain the project tracking spread sheet in order to identify and track changes to forecasted and actual spending.
- Interact with critical business units including financial services, capital planning, maintenance, on site controller, and project managers to coordinate effective reporting and communication in all areas.
- Understand and apply company policies to strategy to capitalize on the efficiency and effectiveness of the business unit.
- Identify any cost trends and schedule impacts to project managers and make recommendations/changes accordingly.
- Track project progress and estimate completion dates.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker and high attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Results management
Practical decision making skills
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Job is performed in an office environment on site.
- Occasional irregular hours may be required if scheduling meetings with the head office in a different time zone.
- Occasional travel may be required to visit corporate headquarters.