The Project Engineer will provide the engineering team with multi-project and multi-client support, ensuring that technical excellence, cost, schedule, and contractual requirements are achieved. This individual will manage small projects with the support of a small site-based team.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in oil and gas industry in the mechanical engineering and/or progressive professional project management and project engineering experience on site/in the field.
- Post-secondary education or University degree in related mechanical discipline.
- Experience in handling multiple clients and projects.
- Registration with APEGA in the province of Alberta as an Engineer in Training or Professional Engineer is an asset.
- Assist in execution of the Hood Project Management Process.
- Coordinate multi-projects and multi-clients with the engineering team.
- Execute mechanical engineering activities with the objective of meeting the defined contractual scope to the relevant codes, standards, and company procedures.
- Communicate with clients with respect to assigned projects and assigned clients.
- Provide support to members of the engineering team including designers/draftspersons, engineers, and technicians.
- Perform mechanical calculations and develop material takeoffs and cost estimates.
- Assist the client with front end project development to define project scope and the management of project risk.
- Ensure project milestones are met.
- Report to the Manager of Engineering on progress of work and make recommendations/changes accordingly,ensuring coordination between the engineering and design team.
- Plan project resources to ensure efficient and cost effective execution adhering to budget and schedule constraints.
- Manage and report project progress against planned project budget and schedule.
- Assist in the development of work practices and procedures.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Good attention to detail.
- Analytical thinker.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Quality oriented.
- Client service oriented.
- Teamwork and cooperation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Job is performed in an office environment.
- Site travel may be required, depending on project. Valid driversí licence required.