The Intermediate Drafter will be responsible for preparing electronic working plans and technical drawings for various projects from preliminary concepts, sketches, calculations, specification sheets and other data. Working with senior drafters, this individual will review plans and confer with internal stakeholders to meet project specifications, complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in drafting from an accredited University or technical college.
- 3+ years of industry experience.
- Understanding client needs to deliver congruent designs through the use of strong communication skills, working effectively with both internal and external partnerships.
- Supervise the production of drawings for building projects.
- Generate technical information with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Develop finished drawings from general conceptual information and design notes.
- Coordinate RJC’s drawings with those of other disciplines on projects.
- Be accountable to Project Engineers for drawing production.
- Supervise production work of junior structural drafting team members.
- Assign and outline production work; review for technical accuracy and adequacy.
- Maintaining drafting standards and processes with accuracy while helping to improve and streamline department procedures.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Proficient in Microstation V8i.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Exercising independent judgment in selecting and interpreting information, handling deviations from standard methods, and resolving difficulties.
- Dealing with competing priorities and managing time effectively.
- Solid understanding of drawing layouts and design procedures.
- Customer focused, personable and client driven.
- A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and written skills and someone who can deal with many different personalities.
- A working knowledge of FTP & Microsoft SharePoint is not required, but is an asset.
- A self-starter with the ability to work both in a team environment, and independently.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D design software, including CADWorx and Autoplant, is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Project Wise is an asset.
- This position takes place on site within Edmonton.