Hood Engineering & Technical Services is a privately owned, full-service Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management company operating primarily in the Energy, Petrochemical and Manufacturing sectors.
At Hood, we strongly believe that our employees are the key driving force behind our success. We understand that a successful business stems from engaging employees, and supporting individual career goals. Our Hoodlums are provided with an energetic, collaborative and fun work environment built on open communication and respect.
Are you motivated by self-improvement, integrity and a commitment to excellence? We are looking for Hoodlums who will strive for career development and directly contribute to Hood’s sustainable and dynamic growth.
The Structural Detailer will work with the design team and structural engineers to create electronic working plans and technical drawings for various projects using Tekla Structures (X-Steel) and/ or AutoCAD. This individual must have strong communication skills as they will be reviewing plans and conferring with internal project team to meet project deadlines.
EXPERIENCE & ACADEMIC REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma in Civil/Structural or Engineering Design and Drafting Technology and/ or relevant work experience in Tekla Structures (X-Steel)
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, including 2D and 3D modeling functions.
- Working knowledge of 3D design software including CADWorx, or Autoplant software suites would be an asset.
- Experience in Tekla Structures would be an asset.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry would be an asset.
- Experience with Shop drawings and Welding would be an asset.
- Create detailed design drawings for Pipe Racks, Buildings, Skids and Misc Steel.
- Create Fabrication drawings and Erection diagrams.
- Create Drawing packages for Clients.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications.
- Liaise with other design team members to ensure design documents are completed according to deadlines.
- Support project management in terms of schedules, cost estimating, expenditure authorization protocols, and reporting.
- Maintain positive and proactive client communication with respect to projects and clients.
- Manage and report personal progress against planned project budgets and schedules.
- Assist with the closeout of projects and completion of project metrics.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker and good attention to detail
- Good problem solving skills
- Client service orientated
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Continuous learner
- Dependable self-starter
- Job is performed in an office environment.
- Site visits may be required depending on the project.