Our client, a leader in the development of automation equipment primarily for the automotive industry, is currently searching for an experienced Senior Electrical Designer to join them on a permanent basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Design Automated PLC control systems incorporating equipment (such as Allen Bradley, Siemens and Omron)
• Provide design documentation including:
o Component specifications and approval based on customer requirements.
o Safety Architecture and plan layouts for safety audit purposes.
o Safety calculations for light curtain areas as well as safety network response times.
o Load calculations on power distribution panels, control power supplies as well as resistance and mig weld systems.
• Provide Bill of Materials based on system design and assist with respect to design changes.
• Coordinate with other disciplines to streamline delivery and coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints.
• Develop efficient means and standards to ensure budgets and schedules are met.
• Validate system safeties function as designed.
• Ability to work overtime and travel outside of Canada.
• Engineering Degree or Engineering Technologist/Technician (BSc. P. Eng. or CET.)
• Minimum 5+ years of related working experience.
• Good understanding of other project disciplines (i.e. Fluid Power, Mechanical Design).
• Working knowledge of PLC architecture including discrete and remote I/O.
• Working knowledge of communication networks (Devicenet, Ethernet IP, RIO, Profibus).
• Working knowledge of Autocad software with Acad Electrical preferred.
• Ability to perform load calculations for resistance welding, Mig welding and assembly production lines.
• Direct experience with control reliable circuits and Safety PLC Systems and knowledge of the applicable safety standards with respect to automated equipment.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, disciplined approach to work.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent judgment and strong problem-solving skills
• High energy and the flexibility to perform under short time constraints to meet deadlines.
Please send all qualified resumes to email@example.com. For more information, please call 905-477-3315 Ext. 303.