Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer
Job Title: Chief Anti Money Laundering Officer
Salary Range: Based upon experience
Benefits: Full Benefits
Location: Vancouver, BC
Recruiter: Karen Epp
Our client is a growing international private bank with Canadian headquarters in Vancouver.
This is a key position on the compliance team of an expanding privately owned bank. Reporting to the President/CEO you will conduct objective, independent risk assessment meeting compliance with AML and ATF requirements. Strong leadership, communication and AML audit test understanding to ensure alignment with legislation and jurisdictional regulatory requirements and internal policies and standards.
- Oversee and manage the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of all aspects of AML/ATF programs.
- Mentor and supervise existing AML team through thoughtful training and communication.
- Ensures guidelines and requirements are in place pertaining to OSFI Guidelines, FINTRAC Guidelines, Canadian Sanctions, and PCMLTFA/R.
- Establish close working relationships with the Executive Management, the Board, and subordinates to identify and assess area potential AML/ATF risks.
- Conducts objective, independent risk assessment to the banks compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) requirements.
- Leads and execute AML audit testing in audits of the assigned business platform. Review audit programs prior to audit engagement to ensure alignment with legislation, jurisdictional regulatory requirement, and internal policies and standards.
- Provides leadership and execute AML component of audits that are rating high and medium AML risk. Participates in AML testing as needed.
- Manages procedures and controls that minimize instances of fraud while protect information privacy and security.
- Ensures that bank’s policies and procedures for deterring and detecting money laundering and terrorist-financing activities are comprehensive, robust, complete, and up-to-date.
- Keeps abreast of all new legislation and jurisdictional regulatory requirement related to AML and incorporate any updates to bank’s policies and procedures.
- Help provide training to branch staff and commercial lending personnel on AML and ATF requirements.
- Communicate key development and changes to the AML team. Ensure all management personnel and staffs are fully knowledgeable of the risks involved and about their responsibilities with regards to Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Terrorist Financing.
- Liaise with regulatory organizations on issues related to AML and ATF activities.
- University degree or equivalent work experience. MBA an asset.
- 8 to 10 years of Anti-Money Laundering experiences preferred in AML/ATF.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of AML risks, as well as knowledge in areas of planning, executing, reporting, and development of AML processes and procedures.
- Strong understanding of complex financial instruments and interbank lending.
- Working knowledge of applicable Bank systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong local understanding of Canadian AML/ATF regulatory requirements pertaining to FINTRAC, OSFI, PCMLTFA/R, and Canadian Sanctions.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Risk Management framework, AML risk, Operational risks, and AML regulatory requirements.
- Experience in design, development, implementation and management of AML program for schedule 2 Canadian banking institution an asset.
CAMLI designation strongly preferred.