Job Title: Administrative Assistant - Public Safety
Industry: Emergency Telecommunications
Salary Range: $50k to $60k, benefits
Benefits: Benefits package
Location: Vancouver BC
Recruiter: Ria Inducil
Our client is a leader in the public safety sector and is the emergency communication centre for first responders throughout the lower mainland and neighbouring districts. Geared toward advancing public safety services and enhancing the technology used by police, fire and ambulance, our client has established a Program Management Office to undergo major infrastructure and technology development that will improve interoperability and collaboration with public safety agencies. Amidst this, we are looking to fill a key permanent position.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant reporting to the Director of Program Management Office to support the program office, responsible for overall administrative support, document and records control, gathering and compiling information for reporting purposes, coordination of program appointments and meetings, and monitoring program expenditures. The successful candidate will have experience and an interest in developing new processes and procedures within the program, and has strong knowledge and experience in document and records management, as well as Microsoft Office and SharePoint. This is a new program being established from the ground up with opportunity to develop new ways of doing things and for advancement.
• Reviews, develops, recommends, and implements new and improved office methods and procedures to improve efficiency and accommodate departmental requirements
• Controls a variety of records, files, and databases
• Coordinates posting of material on corporate intranet and other electronic sites as directed
• Maintaining and controlling a variety of electronic and physical documents / records
• Provides information, assistance, and explanations regarding departmental activities, policies, and procedures
• Gathers, compiles, and summarizes a variety of information and findings of both a statistical and narrative nature, prepares related material and reports
• Schedules and coordinates program appointments and meetings
• Assists in budget preparation
• Prepares program expense reports
• Monitoring program expenditures
• General administrative support
• Post secondary administration related courses
• 7 to 10 years of experience in an administrative assistant / support function.
• Experience in setting up and launching a project management office is a definite advantage.
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office applications (requirement to create and maintain various office/project templates, particularly in Word and Excel)
• Working knowledge of SharePoint and other Intranet applications
• Experience in an environment with an established EDMS system
• Experience working on the development and establishment of new processes and procedures in regards to office management and documents / records management
Submit your resume to email@example.com or visit www.goldbeck.com