This position will perform a variety of tasks related to the surface preparation and finishing of parts using different techniques for prep and painting.
*DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
* Select, mix, and blend appropriate paints
* Use of tools, materials and equipment of the trade; including the use of a spray gun, laying out and making of stencils
* Clean, wash, strip, sand, remove corrosion, fill dents or otherwise prepare parts for application of paint, dip or coating
* Paint small items and apply touch-ups as necessary
* Mask parts as per instructions/drawings
* Follow specific work instructions for Paint procedures
* Minor trimming and light assembly of parts/components/sub-assemblies
* Preparation and application of stencils, decals or other items on finished products/parts
* Verify products meet quality standards as outlined
* Perform general equipment maintenance, including checking all equipment at the start of each shift.
* Adhere to company policies and procedures as outlined in the company Employee and Quality Manuals.
*QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION:*
* 6 months to 1 year experience in surface preparation and painting in a manufacturing setting
* Ability to perform the duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision
* Completion of high school
* General mechanical aptitude