Reporting to the CNC Manager, the CNC Set-up | Operator as part of the CNC department will help set up and operate 5-Axis Router equipment, and allow the department to have a greater flexibility to handle the increasing number of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects coupled with aggressive short deadlines.
*DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
_Perform CNC Operations:_
* Conduct all set-up and quality operations in support of machining for self and others. Set-up and operate machines in accordance with process sheets and any other required paperwork (i.e. drawings, specifications, etc.)
* Create, edit and/or retrieve CNC programs from system files and execute
_Use manufacturing paperwork (travelers, blueprints, sketches, etc.) to: _
* Manufacture product that meets quality requirements
* Meet time and schedule standards for assigned work
* Correctly process work via required paperwork and MRP system
* Advise supervision of issues that arise.
* Perform non-CNC tasks when necessary: non-CNC equipment operation, hand-work operations, inspections, saw-cut operations, etc.
* Identify set-up reduction opportunities and communicate to supervision.
* Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and be able to do overtime if required to meet dead lines
* Experience with 5-axis setup and operation
* Manual machining experience is an asset
* Fanuc and Thermwood controller experience an asset
* Experience with Mastercam software, and be comfortable to make minor modifications to a program if required.
* Must understand GD&T Drawings
* Experience of working with composites an asset