Our client, a global leader in supplying the mining and industrial construction space; is hunting for a strong Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have a solid mix of working with heavy equipment fleets, business development (both new and mushrooming into existing accounts). This role will require the successful candidate to spend a lot of time in Fort McMurray during the week. You will report to the Senior Management team. We want a high performer who is comfortable working with clients on a regular basis. Our client is a major player in the Alberta Oil and Gas industry, growing fast and offers some great opportunities for career growth.
• Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the project management team by maximizing fleet utilization, contract tenure and increasing rental opportunities
• Drive new business development to achieve or exceed revenue growth targets
• Maintain monthly contact with clients to understand requirements and maintain or exceed client expectations
• Support project managers with interpretation of contract terms, conditions of rental agreements, and client conflict resolution
• Work closely with the maintenance and asset management team to manage maintenance plan/schedules, work timing and work scope
• Develop revenue forecasts, assess workflows and provide recommendations to restructure resources
• Provide recommendations on marketing strategy including fleet allocation and rental rates
• Accomplish human resource objectives through all aspects of performance management
• Embrace and ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
This company will expect from you:
• Heavy equipment industry experience
• Previous mining rental and/or product support experience
• Proven track record of managing customer expectations along with the expectations of the company
• Proficient using Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong technical knowledge supplemented with Business Management training.
• Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills
• Team player who is able to liaise with multiple external and internal customers at all levels
• Able to prioritize and manage multiple, simultaneous tasks in an efficient manner and is proactive in looking for the best way to juggle sometimes conflicting timelines and requests
• Strong negotiation skills
In return you can expect:
This role offers a very competitive compensation package, excellent benefits and a tremendous bonus program for a top performer!
If you feel you are the top talent that is needed in this role, contact Cam Macmmillan or Judy Poon at macmillanpoon @ theheadhunters.ca for more on this role.
Only Candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed.
The HeadHunters Recruitment Inc. is a premiere western-Canadian recruitment firm dedicated to securing top tier performers for employers of choice. We are focused on world-class results! Our senior team members have more than 55 years of recruitment experience and established networks with business leaders. We are the ONLY recruitment firm with an on-staff occupational psychologist providing talent assessments as a value-added service to clients. The results: a better fit for employees and employers, a reduction in turnover, decreased hiring & training costs, enhanced team