Get Pumped About Your Career!
An exciting opportunity is waiting for you at Ontario’s fastest growing dewatering solutions provider. Aquatech, a recognized leader in the supply (Sale/Rental/Turn-Key) of specialized Pumps, Dewatering Systems, Dredging Equipment, HDPE Pipe Fusing and all related equipment and services for construction, quarries and mines, municipal and industrial sectors of the industry, is looking for the best and most dedicated individuals to join its team of professionals.
If you are someone that believes you are or can be amongst the best at what you do, and can achieve more than you have if you were part of an organization that fully stocks, supports and delivers engineered dewatering solutions and pumping equipment and services, then come join the Aquatech team!
The Technical Field Representative is a member of the Pump and Power Team utilizing technical, communication and organizational skills to promote the overall growth and profitability of AQUATECH’s dewatering, pumping and environmental equipment fleet. The Technical Field Representative will utilize product knowledge to address customer pumping and power generating requirements mainly as it relates to pumping equipment rentals in the mining, construction and industrial sectors, establishing and maintaining customer contacts.
• Evaluate and recommend dewatering and pumping systems to suit the customer’s needs;
• Expand the sale and rental of AQUATECH’s equipment including pumps, pumping and environmental equipment through establishing and maintaining the strong and professional customer client relations;
• Visit, on a daily basis, existing customer sales as well as new project sites to address any pumping and power equipment requirements;
• Collaborate with other Field Supervisors to create successful sales and marketing approach to address needs of each region;
• Work with Inside Sales Support & Administrator to generate sales reports, proposals and quotations;
• Oversee and generate sales reports, proposals and marketing strategies in-line with corporate initiatives;
• Keep abreast of and review/analyze industry reports on available projects to tender on;
• Participate in trade/professional shows and conferences as required to promote AQUATECH;
• Maintain open communications with customers for after-hours emergency responses and in accordance with AQUATECH’s Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans;
• Ensure the work environment is always safe and that all pumping and vehicle fleets are in excellent operating condition and appearance at all times;
• Evenings, weekends (on-call) and travel within Ontario is a component of this position, and;
• Act in accordance with Aquatech’s Health and Safety and Environmental Management systems.
Qualifications and Required Experience
• 5 to 7 years experience in pumps, generators and pumping systems (diesel, gas and electric motors, centrifugal trash pumps, fluid dynamics, hydraulics and pneumatics) or related field
• 5 to 7 years experience in equipment purchase and rental or related field
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team setting
• Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, customer service, negotiating, organizational, computer and time management skills
• Ability to lift and carry up to 70 pounds frequently and on a daily basis
• Uninhibited ability to stand, walk, bend, squat, push, pull, reach and grasp
• Sporadic exposure to outdoor weather, shop and job site conditions
• Bachelors Degree, preferably in mechanical or civil engineering, or related experience an asset
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License
• Forklift Certification an asset
• Valid Class D Driver’s License (optional)
If you are a self-motivated, talented individual who wants to join an exciting new team in a growing organization and are ready to contribute, develop and be challenged in a fast-paced, quality-focused environment, please send your resume to:
AQUATECH - HR Department
**Please include the position title on all correspondence and on the subject line of all emails.