This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated team dedicated to commercializing game changing technologies. Our rapidly expanding companies are seeking candidates for a Finance Director.
• Minimum 10 years hands-on experience
o Hands on experience cannot include Advisory and/or Big 4 experience
• Accredited University Level Education in Accounting or Finance.
• Professional Accounting Designation (CA, CMA or CGA)
• Experience in both a start-up and a corporate environment.
• Advanced financial and analytical skills - can build and use complex financial models.
• Must be familiar with Canadian accounting standards (as well as US GAAP and IFRS)
• Experience with analysis of R&D costs and processing of SR&ED credits.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude.
• Proven ability to take initiative, while being open to direction and guidance.
• Able to organize, plan and prioritize work - handle ambiguity and multi task
• Thrive in a fast paced fluid environment with varied tasks
• Proven ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Commitment to continuous improvement and passion for success.
• Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
The responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Reporting to the CEO
• Lead all aspects of the accounting, tax reporting and financial statement preparation.
• Develop budget forecasts and prepare ongoing variance analysis.
• Provide recommendations on budget initiatives to the senior management team, assessing alternatives and consequences of options.
• Responsible for accurate and timely reporting to CEO on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Verify and ensure accurate daily reporting and operations revenue.
• Prepare month-end journal entries and month-end financial statements.
• Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and operating financial statements.
• Responsible for all banking activities and cash management.
• Ensure support and enforcement of policies, procedures and internal accounting controls.
• Responsible for general bookkeeping - accounts payable and accounts receivable.
• Monitoring cash inflows and outflows.
• Coordinate audit and tax functions.
• Other responsibilities are required.
Apply via email by sending an adequate resume (PDF or MS Word document) to: email@example.com. Make mention of the exact job title in the subject line. Please send your resume, according to Canadian law, without any personal information except of contact details and name. We thank all applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.