The JDSU Global Trade team is growing again and is seeking to hire a Trade Specialist for our Ottawa based team.
What do we do?
JDSU (NASDAQ: JDSU; and TSX: JDU) innovates and markets diverse technologies that enhance the way people experience the world every day. We enable fast, high-quality communications, secure financial transactions, reliable consumer electronics, differentiated brands, and a host of other solutions. We provide these solutions through three business segments: Network and Service Enablement, Communications and Commercial Optical Products, and Optical Security and Performance Products. To learn more about JDSU please visit www.jdsu.com www.jdsu.tv and follow JDSU on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jdsu
What will you do in this role?
As a professional Trade Specialist your experience will help support JDSU’s overall Global Trade goals and objectives through the following, but not limited to, specific activities:
• Serving as the team’s primary resource managing & auditing JDSU’s U.S. imports against JDSU’s defined Internal Self-Assessment program ensuring U.S. Customs compliance;
• Acting as a Customs resource resolving classification, FDA, Origin issues for internal and external clients;
• Classifying products according to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and a complete understanding of Valuation concepts, Assists, Country of Origin determination, Free Trade Agreements, and FDA & FCC requirements coupled with the ability to respond effectively to government inquiries (CF28s).
What experience will allow you the greatest success in this role?
• 5+ years of related experience in U.S. and Canada Imports;
• Certified Customs Specialist (CCS) designation;
• Solid working knowledge of Oracle ERP and the MS suite of products.
How do you get your chance to join?
Please submit your resume in confidence to https://sjobs.brassring.com/1033/asp/tg/cim_jobdetail.asp?partnerid=435&siteid=40&AReq=19270BR
*Please note: The status of our jobs may change at any time. For a complete list of our job openings, please visit: www.jdsu.com/careers