In this role, you will setup and support our geographically distributed data center environments. The candidate will also be expected to take complete ownership of our networks: from architecture, design, and documentation through deployment and maintenance.
Successful individuals should possess a strong background in Layer 2, Layer 3 and Layer 4 technologies, work well and communicate effectively with others. You should be a self-starter, creative, and able to think through and own a project from start to finish.
· Design, deploy and support network infrastructure to the hosting of our services in a global production environment
· Design and configuration development for router, firewall, switch, load balancer, ids, etc.
· Design and deploy network availability, stability, performance, and load monitoring systems. Write scripts and build on commercial tool capabilities to provide others with reports and shared knowledge
· Robust security ecosystem experience, including traffic anomaly and signature based abuse detection and mitigation
· Traffic management via EBGP, multi-homing, policy routing, leaking specifics OSPF, BGP, static routing, and redistribution
· HSRP, VRRP, and Spanning-tree including RSTP, RPVST+, MSTP
· Load balancing
· Firewalling via Cisco access control lists, Juniper SRX, and/or Cisco ASA stateful firewalls
· Good Understanding of VPN technologies, configuration and troubleshooting.
· 802.1q (VLAN tagging) and 802.3ad (link aggregation) knowledge required
· Very strong understanding of OSI model, IP subnetting, and VLAN architectures
· Substantial direct experience with tiered datacenter LAN core and upstream ISP and backbone architectures; capable of tuning networks to maximize performance and devising enhancements to both.
· Strong troubleshooting skills and effective troubleshooting methods
· Solid understanding of network security, firewalls and intrusion detection/prevention systems
10 to 15 years progressive experience in networking, with 3 years? experience in routing and network architecture using BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, or other RFC-based routing protocols.
Experience transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6 networking
Update IPS/ids appliances, ASA, Routers/Switches and related equipment by upgrading IOS, creating ACL or utilizing other counter-measures recommended by the security community and meeting the company?s requirements
Experience with firewall/ASA, IPS/IDS, ACS architecture and deployment
Experience in packet captures and application security
Degree Educated and trained/certified in networking