|City of Brooks |
|Heavy Duty Mechanic / Shop Supervisor|
CITY OF BROOKS
FULL TIME POSITION
HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC / SHOP SUPERVISOR
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
This position is responsible for all aspects of the Preventative Maintenance Program for the City’s equipment. The Heavy Duty Mechanic/Shop Supervisor performs all repairs and maintenance on fleet equipment as assigned.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. Alberta Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the shop and the field.
3. Technical requirements:
• Heavy Duty Mechanic License/Certification
• Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Q Endorsement
• TDG Certification
• Standard First Aid Certification
• Commercial Vehicle Inspection Certification
4. Demonstrated ability in the following areas:
• Maintenance and repair of all equipment associated with municipal operations.
• Experience in preventative maintenance programs.
• Ability to competently perform welding operations.
• Ability to institute proper purchasing and inventory controls for all parts stocking operations.
5. The Heavy Duty mechanic shall supply all tools required in the normal day to day operations of the position.
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefit package with this position falling within the scope of the Collective Agreement between the City of Brooks and Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1032. Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. The 2014 salary range is $37.84 per hour to $39.71 per hour based on training and experience. The Collective Agreement including wages can be found online at www.brooks.ca.
Please forward cover letter and resume as follows:
City of Brooks
201 1st Avenue West, Box 879
Brooks, AB T1R 1B7
Bus: (403) 362-3333
Fax: (403) 501-0090
The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
|Date: ||July 30, 2014|
|City/Town:||Brooks, Alberta, Canada|
|Wage/Salary: ||$37.84 to $39.71 per hour|
|Duration: ||Permanent Full Time|
|Type:|| Full Time|
|How to apply:||Please submit resume by email to email@example.com. |
|Company: ||City of Brooks |
|Contact: ||Human Resources|
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not
have permission to live and work in Canada. Unless the advert states otherwise,
please ensure you have this permission before applying.