Senior Human Resources Personnel - Job ID 2041
Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior HR Specialist will be responsible for end-to-end recruitment activities, employee relations, policies & procedures, performance management, administering compensation, learning & development and other HR programs. The incumbent will provide solutions and support in the above areas to ensure successful progression of the project.
• Build and maintain collaborative relationships with the project and translate business needs into HR requirements.
• Lead the roll-out of HR programs to the project staff.
• Provide advice, guidance and creative solutions to managers on HR related matters as they arise.
• Provide advice and guidance to employees on HR related matters as they arise.
• Conduct orientation for new employees and provide on-boarding support.
• Lead the annual performance management and compensation cycle for project team.
• Lead specific projects as required.
• Remain current with existing legislation to determine potential HR impacts on the project.
• Compile data, conduct analysis and prepare HR related reports as required.
• Manage end-to-end recruitment activities for the site.
• Create and maintain job descriptions and postings to attract high quality candidates that will build the organization's strength.
• Work within the applicant tracking system to post jobs and ensure effective workflow management of candidates and requisitions.
• Coach and counsel hiring managers to ensure effectiveness of recruitment process and tools.
• Attend career fairs, trade shows, and campus events and other community events for the project.
• Effectively use social media tools (LinkedIn) to attract talent.
• Other areas of responsibility as assigned
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in HR Management.
• Minimum 5 years Human Resources Generalist experience with a significant focus on recruitment.
• Mining and/or project start up experience considered an asset.
• Detail-oriented, strong project management skills and ability to coordinate multiple activities at the same time.
• Ability to meet goals and deliver accurately to tight deadlines.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Strong interpersonal and interviewing skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of multiple human resource areas preferred.
• Preference will be given to local candidates
Functional Area Operations
Job Type Permanent
Date Added 9/12/2013
If this sounds like the perfect fit for your next career move, call Karen Watt today for a one on one discussion. 250-374-3853
State/Province British Columbia [BC]
To APPLY Register and Submit Your Resume to this job at http://excel.bc.ca/opportunities/
(Resume's accepted only in Word Document format)
Excel Personnel has been hiring Great People at Exceptional Companies, Servicing Western Canada since 1992
Excel Personnel provides Permanent, Temporary, Contract Staffing Solutions, Payrolling Services and Executive Search Services for all occupational areas: Management Sales & Marketing Finance & Accounting Administration & HR Manufacturing Operations Distribution
Positions available throughout BC Alberta in Management, Sales & Marketing, Administration & HR, Finance & Accounting Manufacturing, Operations, Distribution, Engineering, Information Technology & IT Support in Mining, Forestry, Finance, Sales etc.
Compensation: based on exp