Cut To Size and Windsor Management are currently seeking an Afternoon Shift Supervisor.
We are a leading weld fabrication company servicing customers across North America in developing and supplying our customers with custom and standard automotive racking products.
You will utilize your Supervisory experience within a welding machine shop to schedule and supervise a team of welders, painters and general labourers. You will work closely with the Plant Manager to develop solutions to manufacturing issues. You will lead the team to operate conventional machinery (training provided) and utilization of your Welding knowledge to ensure high quality products.
You will have the stability of working for a growing company and the opportunity to work within an autonomous role.
Oversee all plant operations to ensure customer requirements are met on the plant floor in a timely basis.
To ensure that all products adhere to the customer specification through regular monitoring of subordinates performance and reports, and through customer feedback/supplier ratings.
Present a professional image of Cut To Size (CTS) and Windsor Management, with a personal commitment to the safety and well-being of all employees.
To ensure effective supervision of the work force. To assure only qualified, competent employees are hired and continuously trained to meet exceeding company and government demands.
• Ensure that all facets of the manufacturing process adhere to OHSA standards & Company safety standards and all rules and regulations are enforced, and correct any hazards/substandard conditions immediately upon reporting
• Assure all employees are properly trained, and adhere to all H & S rules and regulations
• Perform employee/supervisor safety observations and commend employees/supervisors for their health and safety performance
• Attend safety seminars and passing on pertinent information to fellow employees
• Conduct information sessions such as safety talks with employees on a monthly basis as a minimum
• Perform workplace inspections
• Conduct accident/incident investigations along with JHSC
• Adhere to Section 27, 28 of the OHSA
To ensure that all elements of the manufacturing process operate in a timely, efficient manner.
• Following the daily priority sheets supplied.
• Assigning jobs to the hourly work force in a prompt organized fashion.
• Assuring jobs are set-up in a safe, efficient, running manner.
• Assure all employees are provided with the necessary tools to accomplish their portion of the job.
• Continuous monitoring of all facets of the manufacturing process with emphasis on improving quality, efficiency and safety.
• Assure that all problems are identified, logged and corrected prior to completing the run.
Supervision of all hourly employees to ensure their duties and responsibilities are completed in a safe and productive environment by:
• Providing hourly employees with ongoing training necessary to enable them to perform their duties.
• Set goals and objectives with hourly employees and monitor same.
• Providing feedback on a regular basis regarding performance.
• Corrective and/or disciplinary action as required.
• Constantly re-assess and review duties and responsibilities, and make changes as required.
• Remaining accessible to all hourly employees for assistance, guidance and support whenever needed.
• Other duties as required by the Plant Manager
• 2-5 years Supervisory experience
• Must be able to read blueprints
• Experience with automotive specifications and metal fabrication, specifically racking
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Welding skill and ability required
• Be familiar and comfortable with technology
• MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word)
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be available for rotating shifts and overtime per day and weekend
• Must have Steel Toed Boots
Salary Dependent on qualifications
Benefits After 6 months of continuous employment