The DUTCH VMC Localization tester is responsible for the Language integration testing of a title. The tester will receive their daily and weekly instructions from their manager, and will be expected to complete their allotted tests in the required time and file accurate bug reports.
A Localization tester needs to be fluent in his/her native language, and have excellent oral and written language skills. The Localization tester needs to have the same degree of mastery of the English language. This is a project-based contract.
- Plays through the game and checks text and audio on all game modes
- Verifies the text strings (where provided by client).
- Make sure all of the text and audio fits the context of gameplay
- Makes corrections to localized text and audio in order to avoid text overruns, ensure proper grammar and spelling, cultural and regional appropriateness, target Audience appropriateness, help ensure that all compliance related messages are properly localized and in accordance with the console manufacturers requirements and guidelines, provide minor translations as required, and perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum education required is equivalent to a Junior College or High school diploma in their native country
- Proven understanding of grammar and spelling rules for their native language
- Understanding of cultural sensitivity and differences from their native country is a must
- Proven English proficiency in oral and written
- Minimal capacity of translating from English to native language
- Technically inclined with basic computer knowledge (PC, MAC), Word processing and Excel Spreadsheets
- Must be able to commute to the office in downtown Montreal - no remote work
- Passionate interest in video games
- Technically minded
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team of a multi-ethnic environment
- Knowledge of text formatting, characters and pixel in relation to videogames
- Proactive and flexible approach to work
In your application, please include the following:
- Your native language
- If you have a visa to work in Canada, please note the expiration date
- When you are available to begin
- Where you saw the posting for this position
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including any languages you speak and write fluently.
Thank you and good luck!