Reporting to the President, the General Manager, Institutes & Academies is responsible for developing and executing a clearly defined strategy in a manner that supports consistent business growth and enhances brand awareness. The successful candidate will oversee four private vocational schools and lead the possible expansion of additional schools across the country. The ideal candidate will be a self motivated leader that will implement practices to drive the business objectives of growth and profitability.
• Apply advanced business development skills and strategy to ensure the success of Aveda Institutes & Academies
• Oversee the budget and direct expenditures in a fiscally responsible manner; create and present basic financial reports regularly
• Develop and implement management policies and procedures, including the creation of best practices
• Analyze operational issues on a regular basis, assess the impact on the various locations and determine their financial impact
• Develop and implement organizational strategy, including the obtainment of fiscal goals, the determination of optimum sales and service goals and future business plans
• Communicate with the Marketing Department to coordinate and manage marketing and merchandising campaigns for the Aveda Institute and Academy brand
• Act as a motivational role model and provide leadership by example to members of the Aveda Institutes and Academies
What are we looking for?
• 5+ years experience in a senior supervision role in the education field
• Proven leadership and people management skills, combined with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in managing a private career college is preferred
• Beauty cosmetics industry experience is an asset
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply at www.collega.com/careers
"At Aveda our mission is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make, to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world."