Digital Marketing Specialist
Aveda Canada - Toronto, ON
Do you love using cool and innovative new technologies for marketing?
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's working to revolutionize the way it conducts business…
Then you might want to consider working at Collega for AVEDA Canada. We are looking for a Digital Marketing Specialist to help us raise our online visibility, drive more traffic and conversions, and carry out targeted email marketing and advertising campaigns to support demand and generate new business.
The role requires a mix of (left brain/right brain) marketing and technical skills, combined with a healthy dose of creativity and a desire to succeed. We are a unique organization that sits at the intersection of wellness, beauty, the environment and social purpose— and to fit in here you should be too.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy; the Digital Marketing Specialist will be responsible for helping to define, implement and measure Collega for Aveda’s online brand building and lead generation efforts in alignment with the overall business and marketing strategy.
You are on the forefront of and will stay current on the latest social and digital marketing developments in order to identify current and future opportunities.
This position is responsible for working hand in hand with the marketing department to develop and execute ideas and strategies that resonate with our target audiences and result in effective conversions.
The ideal candidate brings a blend of strategic thinking, creativity, technical proficiency and operational excellence - turning analysis into action every day.
• Manage the Email CRM and lead nurturing process
• Assist with producing, editing and distributing content for strategic e-mail marketing, websites, and online engagement tactics.
• Generate unique and original content that integrates material from subject matter experts across a range of product lines and business groups.
• Translate product and ingredient stories and mission messaging into compelling and value based content.
• Deliver email marketing implementation solutions to our internal clients based on business requirements and needs using best practices such as permission-based marketing, privacy, spam regulation, deliverability, and email browser compatibility
• Create and refine campaigns that increase subscribers, engagement and conversions. Liaise with internal team and vendor partners on outbound campaigns and lead nurturing.
• Manage workflow for all weekly, monthly and special project email marketing efforts
• Work with marketing managers to help design and execute programs and campaigns to support lead generation activities and ultimately drive sales
• Setting up campaigns and reporting on their success metrics throughout the life of the campaigns
• Manage the contacts in the marketing database to ensure data standards are met, and segment the lists to help us deliver the right marketing messages to the right people at the right time
• Optimize email campaigns to improve open and click through rates, and optimize landing pages to maximize form conversion rates
Analytics & Activation:
• Track and analyze performance against goals, implement improvements, communicate results and recommend optimization tactics
• Provide regular performance reports to internal stakeholders.
• Experience with and excellent working knowledge of top line email marketing platforms like Listrak MailChimp and Silverpop to manage CRM, segmentation, automated drip campaigns and one off executions.
• Strong copy-writing and editing skills for email, web, landing pages as well as editing/curating blog content
• Working knowledge of HTML/CSS for email templates and web pages is essential.
• Fluency in the world of API's and open source development platforms
• ASP/PHP coding skills a plus
Preference give to those fluidly effective with the Adobe Creative Suite
• Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords
• An understanding of CAN-SPAM compliance policies and deliverability issues
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Advertising or Communications
• 5+ years of marketing experience with at least 3 years focused on creating and managing social media and digital marketing campaigns.
• Previous experience managing Lead Generation and Direct Response campaigns for customer acquisition.
• Knowledge of SEO best practices.
• B2C Retail marketing experience in Hair, Skincare, Beauty and wellness a plus.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply at:
Please specify salary expectations
"At Aveda our mission is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make, to the ways in