Our client, an international tier 1 automotive supplier with divisions throughout Canada, US, Europe, China and Mexico has an immediate need for a Senior Internal Auditor in their corporate office.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
• Developing audit objectives, scopes and programs to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls of major company operations
• Identifying business risks, documenting business processes and conducting preliminary assessments
• Applying the appropriate audit techniques to analyze information and assess the adequacy of existing controls. Developing constructive recommendations to mitigate identified control deficiencies
• Preparing audit reports to communicate observations and recommendations to senior management
• External audit experience desired
• Experience in the manufacturing sector a definite asset but not mandatory.
• Bill 198/SOX experience
• Experience in using audit tools such as ACL
• Above average analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficiency in designing and executing audit programs
• Excellent documentation skills
• Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
• Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
• Creative and can think out of the box
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally, high travel component to this role
This is a large and constantly growing organization that offers opportunities into other areas of the finance department for the right individuals.