Responsible to the Operations Manager for the daily supervision of full and part-time cashier/customer service personnel; cashier and customer service functions, point of purchase merchandising, and displays within the cashier/customer service departments as directed.
1. Customer Service: Provides and maintains exceptional customer service, according to United Cycle standards. Assists the Cashier Manager in the training of the cashier/customer service personnel; ensures the accuracy regarding all customer transactions, invoicing, returns, and credits. Resolves customer complaints, referring more complex ones to the Cashier Manager, Floor Managers, or Product Managers.
2. Leadership: Provides leadership to the full and part-time cashier/customer service personnel in the daily routines. Ensuring that a high standard of professionalism is maintained at all times, personally and within the cashier/customer service departments.
3. Training: Assists the Cashier Manager in the training of all cashier/customer service personnel including customer service excellence, all policies and procedures, computer/ NAV computer training Performs all cashier, customer service and telephone duties.
4. Performance Management: Provides input to the Cashier Manager in the performance appraisal and performance discipline process.
5. Meetings: Attends daily meetings to communicate store schedule (changes) and promotional programs (coupon, voucher,) policy and procedural updates. Attends cashier department meetings & provides input to the Cashier Manager on the agenda items for these meetings.
6. Merchandising/Housekeeping: Assists the Cashier Manager in ensuring that all maintenance, presentation and housekeeping duties are carried out in the cashier/customer service area, gazebo, front entrances and kids-play station -daily. Merchandising and restocking of all "point of purchase" products displayed in the customer service areas and at cashier stations and all cash supplies are maintained (bags, invoices, etc.); notifies appropriate personal when levels are low.
7. Projects: With direction from the Cashier Manager, ensures that the cashier/customer service personnelís time is utilized effectively. Working with the Floor Managers to assist with projects when able.
8. Scheduling: Ensures staff scheduling is complete and all areas are adequately covered. Will work with the Operations Manager to get approval and feedback on schedules.
9. Manual Systems: Ensures manual cash procedures are carried out in the event of a computer or power failure; ensures all cashiers/customer service personnel are trained in these procedures & that the required supplies are readily available to them.
10. Reports: Maintains the price discrepancy report, coupon tracking sheets (and records changes), as requested by Sales & Store Managers for United Cycle.
11. Assumes Cashier Managerís duties in their absence.
12. Maintains appearance according to United Cycle standards.
13. Attends policy and procedure, computer training sessions, as required.
14. Treats all United Cycle information confidentially, including, but not limited to: documents, correspondence, budgets and sales information
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
1-2 years supervisory experience with a, in a related environment.
+5 years cashier and customer service experience.
Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a large and diverse team.
Strong computer, keyboarding and cash-handling abilities.
Strong organizing and time management skills.
Able to make decisions quickly and independently.
Understands the importance and delivery of quality customer service.