|Canadian Forces Personnel Family Support Group|
|Swim Instructor/Lifeguard EDM-13-066|
Personnel Support Programs
Temporary Full Time Position
The anticipated Term of this position is 02 Jul 2013 - 30 Aug 2013.
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, the Swim Instructor/Lifeguard plans and prepares swimming lessons, instructs students at their appropriate level in accordance with guidelines set out by Red Cross and Lifesaving Society programs and provides feedback to participants and/or parents with recommendations for improvements. He/she performs lifeguard duties and participates in meetings and in-service training, clinics and club events. She/He opens and closes the aquatic facility, ensures the safety of all participants while in the pool facility and assists in maintaining the pool office, pool deck and storage areas in a neat and tidy manner.
- High school diploma AND some experience
- An acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience will also be considered
- Current National Lifeguard Service (NLS) - Pool Option qualification
- Current CPR Level C and Standard First Aid qualifications
- Current Water Safety Instructor certification
- Current Lifesaving Instructor certification
Language requirement: English mandatory
- Of life guarding/safety techniques and procedures
- Of instructional techniques
- Of injury prevention practices
- Of health and safety practices
- In dealing with the public
- In providing customer service
- In performing lifeguard duties
- In dealing with children
- In the implementation of training and practice sessions
- In the development and implementation of individual training plans
- In cash handling
- In using software for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, databases, e-mail, and Internet browsing
Successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment for the spring session.
NPF employees must demonstrate the following core characteristics: team player, customer focus, positive attitude, excellence, and competence.
NPF is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
To receive this job poster in an alternative format, please contact the NPF Human Resources Manager.
Please note that only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. If you have special needs and require accommodation measures for the selection process, please notify the NPF Human Resources Manager at that time.
|Date: ||June 11, 2013|
|City/Town:||Lancaster Park, 5 mins north of edmonton|
|Wage/Salary: ||$16.51 - $18.04 /hr|
|Start: ||02 July 2013|
|Duration: ||02 Jul 2013 - 30 Aug 2013|
|Type:|| Full Time, Temporary|
|How to apply:||Eligible candidates should submit a resume clearly outlining their ability to fulfill all position requirements by mail to: NPF Human Resources, CFB Edmonton, P.O Box 10500, Stn Forces, Bldg 181A, Edmonton, AB T5J 4J5 or by fax at (780) 973-4162, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or online at www.cfpsa.com. Applications must be received before 2359 hrs on 20 June 2013. |
|Company: ||Canadian Forces Personnel Family Support Group|
|Contact: ||NPF Human Resources|
|Fax: ||(780) 973-4162|
It is unlawful to employ a person who does not
have permission to live and work in Canada. Unless the advert states otherwise,
please ensure you have this permission before applying.