Our Federal Government client is looking for a Programmer / Software Developer - Intermediate to perform the following:
Liaise with Business Analyst and Team Lead to develop the proper design of application, proper course of action, priorities and scheduling
Work closely with Team Lead to deliver application and suggest design alternatives as required
Analyze and report issues in the designated tracking system/tool
Assist in the design and present technical solutions to meet business requirements
Design detailed programs, flow charts and diagrams indicating computation and machine operations
Adhere to WCAG 2.0 (Level 3) compliance standards for web application development
Develop, implement and/or maintain web-based applications
Work with the client’s QA and Accessibility team and ensure application meets Departmental standards
Analyse the problems outlined by the System Analysts
Verify accuracy and completeness of programs by preparing sample data and testing them by means of system acceptance testing runs
Correct program errors by revising instructions or altering the sequence of operations
Assist in the development and implementation of applications
Implement changes to the application data model to respond to requirements
Assist in the migration of data models
Prepare coding specifications and document all new functionality
Test instructions and assemble specifications, flow charts diagrams, layouts programming and operating instructions to document applications for later modifications or reference
Review the design and modeling activities and offer other possible solutions or suggestions to Project Lead or Project Manager as required
Assist in the development and creation of database tables, data elements and data set attributes
Status updates of on-going development for Project Manager and Clientele
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate:
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a Programmer Developer role developing, implementing and/or maintaining web-based applications.
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience developing web applications to meet CLF standards and guidelines.
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years of experience creating and updating a Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) as the web-based application back-end.
• must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience developing web applications using one or more of the following:
a) Cold Fusion 7/8/9
• must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience developing and/or updating web applications to comply with WCAG 2.0
• must have a minimum of one (1) year of experience using a source code versioning tool.
English or French
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
In order to be eligible, candidates must have a minimum security clearance of “Reliability” upon submission of their resume
National Capital Region
If this is of interest to you, please forward your resume, in MS word format, to email@example.com by March 07, 2014 indicating the reference number (J-KDU) in the subject line of the e-mail. All resumes will be considered, however, only those candidates that clearly meet the requirements will be contacted. We thank you for your interest.