Position Summary: Effectively operate liquid filling machines in accordance with established guidelines, ensuring the sterility of the filling and package sealing process. Take all necessary steps to ensure the continuous and safe operation of the Fillers.
• Monitor gauges on the fillers to ensure temperatures and package weights are within specs.
• Respond promptly to machine alarms and access the appropriate resources/technicians.
• Perform seal evaluation - package integrity testing randomly or at prescribed intervals.
• Ensure all necessary supplies are in reserve for continuous operations.
• Monitor overall quality of the product and packaging materials.
• Grade 12 education or equivalent experience
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
• Adhere to strict GMP (Good Manufacturing) practices.
• Must be able to prioritize assigned duties & must have good problem solving skills
• Job is physically demanding - lifting, reaching and climbing stairs.
• Mechanical aptitude and basic computer skills. Previous related machine operator is an asset
• Continental Shift (48 hrs one week, 36 hrs the next -working every other weekend & rotates every 2 weeks- 12 hr shifts - 7am - 7 pm & 7pm - 7am).
Start at $15.50 then $16/hr after 90 days. Benefits (Dental, Drugs, Vision & Life Insurance) after probation period.