Red Seal, Canada’s lead recruiters for trades and manufacturing and industrial management, is looking for E&I Supervisors in Hinton, AB. If you are a E&I Supervisor, apply directly to this job or other E&I Supervisor jobs at http://www.redsealrecruiting.com/job-seekers/job-board-list/ or subscribe to our job board via text message 778-383-6776 with your name and position.
Will your next professional challenge be with a company that values continuous training and development? If you are a skilled leader and effective communicator we may just have the perfect opportunity for you! Our client is looking for a E&I Maintenance Supervisor Planner for their Pulp Mill in Hinton, Alberta. Holding an advanced level position within the Electrical and Instrumentation department, you would be responsible for the supervision of crews.
Our client’s goals are simple - leadership in profits, responsibility in communities, commitment to the environment, excellence in people, strength in products. The company has a long and proud history of environmental protection, preservation and responsibility. Over the past 20 years our client has voluntarily, and without any compensation, relinquished harvesting rights to some of the largest intact coastal temperate rainforest and wood sheds on earth.
Hinton, Alberta, is located 20 minutes east of Jasper National Park, and 2.5 hours West of Edmonton, Albert. Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Rockies in this modern community that offers lifestyles for individuals and families. The region is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise, with exciting activities from skiing, snowmobiling, camping, hiking, fishing, hunting, and ATV’s. Hinton features a full-service acute care hospital, major retail and restaurant chains, theatre, community parks and pools, and educational institutions for pre-school through post-secondary.
Terms of Employment:
$85,000 - $100,000 depending on experience.
Skills and Abilities:
• Delegation skills
• Working as a team
• Dispute/ negotiation skills
• Multitasking skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Order parts from vendor
• Understand each Pulp Mill’s area processes
• Check in on crews performing work and assist with obstacles to completion
• Respond to operations’ requests for support, including manning and trouble shooting
• Perform incident investigations
• Ensure crews are fully training to perform their work.
• Collect & enter vacation sheets and time off requests of the crews
• Understand the contract language and intent, award OT, coverage, forces, shift changes, etc. as per contract
• Submit pay through the pay system (excel spreadsheets, worksight, previously MAPPS)
• Assist crews with pay errors
• Perform Safety Audits
• Plan and conduct monthly safety meeting
• Search for parts in Stores
• Determine the correct parts for process applications, including cost analysis
• Troubleshoot in multiple DCSs: Delta V, ABB, Metso
• Troubleshoot PLC systems
• Mediate grievances
• Generate Pm’s, maintain PM list, create new PM’s
• Monitor and update policies and procedures for work
• Modify, repair, add data and utilize the computer maintenance system MAXIMO
• Estimate manpower required for Work requests
• Assess costs to find cost reductions
• Initiate and add descriptions to work orders found while monitoring mill for maintenance
• Meet with vendors as needed, and decline vendors who wish to come too often
Continuous Training Maintenance/Requirements:
• Labour contract instructions/refreshers
• Supervisory skills Training
• OH & S
• Departmental Process training
• Technical training for instrumentation & electrical equipment when new equipment is installed