Basic Function and Scope of Responsibilities:
Design, code and test new software applications as well as modify existing software with minimal supervision
• This individual will generate and integrate software with hardware, 3rd party applications, and firmware developed by other team members, to make working systems, and will implement security features and encryption on embedded devices. Complete responsibility of the full life cycle including the application of standard methodologies such as Object Oriented Analysis and Design.
• This individual may serve as the technical lead on a project and direct the software engineering and development tasks of two or three engineers on the development team. On other projects, this engineer may serve as a contributing member.
• The individual will participate in writing software documentation, technical reports, developing software cost and schedule estimates, and authoring software development plans.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience Required:
• Experienced in designing, implementing, and testing C or C++ Software
• Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
• The applicant worked on a project which demonstrates the applicant’s ability to successfully integrate hardware, software and firmware into an operational system
• Experience working with real-time Windows and Linux OSs
• Experience using Object-Oriented Architecture/Design (OOA/OOD)
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 6 years directly related experience or a Master’s degree in a related discipline with a minimum of 4 years directly related experience. Equivalent years of directly related experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirements
• Ability to work with multiple projects in a fast paced environment
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience Preferred:
• Industry experience in electronic payment system is highly desirable
• Experience in generating or integrating computer security/encryption is highly desirable
• Strong organizational/planning/multi-tasking skills required
• Working knowledge of Java Real Time Specification is highly desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science