LITIGATION LEGAL ASSISTANT
On behalf of our highly esteemed client who has been named one of Canada’s Top 50 Employers, we are currently seeking a skilled litigation legal assistant to assist 2 lawyers in medical malpractice, medical and insurance defence, professional and product liability.
The incumbent’s responsibilities may include and is not limited to the following:
• Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate
• Accurately prepare legal documents and correspondence with little or no direction
• Transcribe and type legal documents and correspondence
• Coordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals and clients at all levels
• Work proactively in the day to day support of the professional’s practice
• Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail
• Generate documents based on digital dictation
• Arrange meetings for the professional including discoveries, judicial dispute resolutions etc.
• Keep files up to date on a consistent basis
• 5+ years advocacy experience specifically in the areas of medical malpractice, medical and insurance defence, professional and product liability.
• Strong knowledge of Alberta laws and new rules of court
• Legal Assistant Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution
• Ability to handle a heavy workload
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to deal with clients in a professional manner
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in confidence to Sue Reis at email@example.com