Senior Corporate Paralegal
Preparation of corporate documents for on-going corporate governance purposes or in connection with corporate transactions. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required, as well as the ability to draft corporate legal documents, resolutions and minutes as required. Must be a self starter with desire to handle increasing amounts of responsibility, and must enjoy team-work in a fast-paced environment. This is a billable position and must be able to accurately record and bill time.
Examples of the typical duties and deliverables the incumbent is expected to perform include the following:
• Assist in creation of corporations, partnerships, limited partnerships and other entities
• Organize and help maintain corporate minute books, including preparation of resolutions and filings with corporate registry
• Prepare corporate documents as required for share transactions, continuances, revivals, amalgamations, arrangements, amendments, etc.
• Online filings with Industry Canada
• CORES Level I, II and III filings
• Review and assist in preparation of client correspondence
• Assist in preparation of client accounts
• Deal directly with lawyers and clients as needed
• Overall maintenance of client files as designated
• Other duties as required
• Level III, CORES Accreditation
• Graduate of a recognized paralegal program or equivalent
• A self-starter with energy and tenacity
• Able to prioritize work
• Ability to manage constantly conflicting and changing priorities
• Detailed orientated and able to handle multiple tasks
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
• Demonstrated diplomacy and tact in difficult situations
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Thorough knowledge of the Business Corporations Act (Alberta)
• Thorough knowledge of the Canada Business Corporations Act
• ALF experience is an asset
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages.
For immediate consideration please forward your resume in confidence to Sue Reis at email@example.com