Employment & Labour Legal Assistant
Exciting Career Opportunity!!
Our outstanding, downtown National Top Tiered law firm is looking for a Legal Assistant for their Employment and Labour Department.
Desired Qualification Include:
• A minimum of 3 years experience required.
• As the ideal candidate, you will have comfort dealing with all sorts of litigation pleadings and procedures
• Knowledge of the Alberta Rules of Civil Procedure
• Basic knowledge of Federal Court Rules and the Supreme Court of Canada Rules.
• Ideally, you have a superb ability to multi task and work under pressure
• Strong attention to detail is required for this exciting position
Role & Responsibilities:
• This position will require the preparation of correspondence, various court documents including pleadings, motions, facta and affidavits of documents.
• Work with the lawyer to arrange examinations for discovery and you must have awareness of processes and deadlines for serving and filing court documents, have the ability to take on file management, docket entry and the preparation of monthly accounts.
• Preparation and drafting of labour and employment documentation.
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates with the required experience will be contacted.
All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality.