Intermediate Litigation Legal Assistant
We have an opportunity for a full time permanent Legal Assistant in our Litigation practice area. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of client focus, excellent work ethic as well as enjoy working as part of a team. Occasional overtime may be required.
· Draft and prepare correspondence, including letters and memos.
· Draft and prepare basic court pleadings.
· Managing, maintaining and organizing court documents and service lists.
· Responsibility for serving court pleadings and other documents effectively.
· Digital Dictation.
· Maintaining an exceptional degree of confidentiality and discretion.
· File management: requisition new files, maintain a record of all client files, related records and general files.
· Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for lawyers.
· Coordinate client meetings, arranging for catering or audio-visual equipment as needed. Organize equipment and other materials for on-site and off-site presentations.
· Answer the telephone, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to callers.
· Open and route incoming mail; distribute correspondence and other material to the appropriate party.
· Perform administrative and related duties as assigned and to assist others in the department.
· Perform a variety of routine tasks as well as special projects, as required.
· Work in a team environment which includes occasionally supporting other legal assistants and legal staff.
· 2+ years' experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant., with at least 2 years of experience in commercial litigation.
· Knowledge of the new AB Rules of Court.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure as well as ability to effectively manage time during prolonged periods of relative inactivity.
· Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Capacity to learn other firm-specific software.
· Dedicated to providing quality service to the lawyers, their clients and consistently striving to exceed expectations.
· Strong attention to detail as it relates to drafting of correspondence, proofreading and preparation of client bills, often under challenging time constraints.
· An energetic, proactive approach to all activities. Demonstrated “take charge” attitude to ensure lawyers’ practices are managed with the utmost effectiveness and efficiency.
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates with the required experience will be contacted.
All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality.
Apply today to Sue at email@example.com