Litigation Paralegal (Intermediate)
We are currently looking for a full-time Litigation Paralegal with a minimum of 3+ years of litigation experience. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical & interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise independent judgment and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, superior client service environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Extensive experience working in Summation (coding documents for affidavits of records, importing and exporting electronic documents, transcript review, etc.);
· Organizing documents by uploading and performing Summation searches on discovery transcripts
· Ability to review documents in order to draft and respond to undertakings;
· Experience reviewing documents for privilege and drafting affidavits of records;
· Analyzing transcripts
· Liaising with experts and agents;
· Drafting letters to clients
· Preparing Bills of Costs in accordance with Taxation Costs Manual;
· Familiarity with scanning software (LAW) preferable.
· Proactive management of files including keeping lawyers informed and up to date on the status of files.
· Minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Litigation Specific Paralegal, insurance defense and collections experience is a definite asset.
· Formal Legal Assistant education and background is preferred, but successful career history in the role of litigation paralegal will be considered.
· Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and Outlook along with the capacity to learn other firm-specific software.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet quick deadlines
· Candidates must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also in team situations, have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation as well as excellent interpersonal skills. Must also display diplomacy, tact and maintain confidentiality.
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates with the required experience will be contacted.
All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality.