Senior Paralegal, Litigation - EXICITING NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY!!!
On behalf of our client, a highly recognized and esteemed law firm, we are currently seeking a Senior Litigation Paralegal.
· Planning and managing each project by accurately assessing specific job requirements and objectives, including the application of appropriate technology and support resources.
· Liaising with other members of the litigation group.
· Initiating the organization of and managing files or parts of files.
· Working with clients and experts.
· Meeting with lawyers to take instruction and direction, and attending organizational meetings with clients/lawyers and recommending course of action.
· Contacting or meeting with service providers to identify and deliver on lawyer and client requirements.
· Case and Trial Preparation.
· Coordinating the serving and filing of Court documents, assisting when needed.
· Preparing for motions and hearings, as directed, including working with lawyers.
· Preparing for and attending witness interviews and examinations, as directed.
· Assisting lawyers with the preparation of witnesses for examination, cross-examination and trial.
· Preparing summaries of witness statements.
· Preparing for and attending at select examinations and court hearings.
Compilation of Data
· Compiling all briefs required, including preparing and maintaining Exhibit, Trial and Witness Binders.
· Compiling books of authorities, and motion and appeal briefs.
· Preparing bills of costs, and materials for security for costs, calculating of pre- and post-judgment interest, and researching damages quantums as directed.
· Collating all data to be entered into the evidence managements database (correspondence, procedures, memos, contact lists).
· Creating and updating document indexes.
· Performing computerized court docket searches.
· Preparing Affidavit of Records, including using database and litigation support software systems.
· Preparing and reviewing transcript summaries.
· Assembling and preparing Responses to Undertakings.
· Drafting subpoenas, summons to witness, and Notices of Examination.
· Drafting routine correspondence and correspondence as directed.
· Drafting offers to settle and releases from standard-form templates.
· Preparing Read-Ins for Trial.
· Preparing Court documents as directed, including Affidavits, Notice of Intent to Defend, Motions in writing, Notices of motion, and materials for payments into and out of Court.
· Preparing enforcement proceeding materials, including writs for seizure and sale, sequestrations, possession and delivery, and garnishment materials.
· Conducting searches in both transcripts and databases.
· Reviewing documents for relevance, privilege, and case issues.
· Compiling legal research.
· Conducting legal research or other research under the direction of lawyers, where appropriate.
· Locating and instructing skip tracers, coordinating enforcement proceedings with bailiffs.
· Examining and filing documentation online to the level of accreditation held.
· In collaboration with IT and litigation support, preparing and organizing the evidence management database (keywords, binders etc.).
· Coordinating the addition of transcript materials into Litigation Support databases.
· Maintaining and monitoring evidence databases.
Supervision and Administration
· Delegating and supervising work to be done by Assistants (standardization, data entry, preparation of contact lists, hyperlinks etc.).
· Organizing and managing the documents located in the trial war room.
· Maintaining systems for recording undertakings, and refusals and responses thereto.
· Preparing checklists and precedents.
· Acting as a mentor and advocate for the paralegals and legal assistants within the Department.
· Assisting with training, coaching and team-building.
· Maintaining integrity of file and all record keeping systems.
· Entering time charges on a timely basis following prescribed firm and departmental procedures and objectives.
· At minimum, an undergraduate degree from an accredited university or a college degree in paralegal studies.
· Seven or more years as a litigation paralegal, working on complex litigation matters.
· Knowledgeable in litigation-related technological systems for maintaining and organizing file materials.
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and one or more litigation support databases, including Summation, Concordance or similar evidence management databases.
· Proficiency with Real Time Transcription and associated applications.