Litigation Legal Assistant - 1 Year Contract Position
On behalf of our client we are seeking a litigation assistant for a 1 year contract starting July 9th, 2012. The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of client focus, excellent work ethic as well as enjoy working as part of a team. Occasional overtime may be required.
• Draft and prepare correspondence, including letters and memos.
• Draft and prepare basic court pleadings.
• Managing, maintaining and organizing court documents and service lists.
• Responsibility for serving court pleadings and other documents effectively.
• Digital Dictation.
• Maintaining an exceptional degree of confidentiality and discretion.
• File management: requisition new files, maintain a record of all client files, related records and general files.
• Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for lawyers.
• Coordinate client meetings, arranging for catering or audio-visual equipment as needed. Organize equipment and other materials for on-site and off-site presentations.
• 5+ years' experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant., with at least 2 years of experience in commercial litigation.
• Knowledge of the new AB Rules of Court.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to work effectively under pressure as well as ability to effectively manage time during prolonged periods of relative inactivity.
• Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Capacity to learn other firm-specific software.
• Dedicated to providing quality service to the lawyers, their clients and consistently striving to exceed expectations.
• Strong attention to detail as it relates to drafting of correspondence, proofreading and preparation of client bills, often under challenging time constraints.