LAW CLERK - CORPORATE SERVICES
The successful candidate will assist corporate professionals to ensure the maintenance of corporations for which the Firm acts as Registered Office are maintained. They will also assist in the preparation of various documents pertaining to the corporate law. This position receives some direction or guidance; most tasks and objectives are accomplished independently.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Receives directions from the professional on the status of the file, the steps required for the conduct of the file, with instructions to meet critical deadlines.
• Drafts a variety of documentation, including resolutions, agreements and prescribed forms for various jurisdictions, in accordance with legislation and/or governing regulations.
• Assists the professional to ensure that each action on the file conforms to the requirements of the governing statutes, regulations and jurisdiction’s Government Department.
• Assists in the preparation of documentation and attends closings
• Drafts documents related to incorporation and organize both Provincial and Federal corporations with respect to both for profit and not-for-profit organizations.
• Assists professional with corporate due diligences, corporate reorganizations, share or asset purchase transactions or tax reorganization.
• Conducting due diligence minute book reviews including recommendations as to deficiencies.
• Attending to follow up and maintenance of registrations under relevant legislation.
• Preparing annual documentation in accordance with relevant governing statutes and regulations.
• Drafting share provisions pursuant to professional’s instructions.
• Initiates follow up actions where and when necessary.
• Prepares reports on an as needed basis.
• Any other duties as required.
• 3 years as a Law Clerk/Paralegal
• Law Clerk/Paralegal or Legal Assistant Diploma/Certificate
• Minimum Level II CORES Accreditation
• Knowledge of Alberta Societies and Alberta and Federal Not-For-Profit organizations
• Ability to communicate effectively with other Firm members, with the aptitude to take care of clients’ needs in a professional and courteous manner
• Capacity to work independently, as well as in a team environment
• Knowledgeable about current relevant legislation and government regulations
• In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles
Our client offers a very competitive compensation and benefit package!
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com