Legal Assistant (Litigation Bankruptcy/Insolvency)
On behalf of our esteemed client; we are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join the Litigation department and invite you to review the job description.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for daily correspondence, document preparation, dicta-typing, drafting and filing court documents;
· File preparation and management;
· Book court dates, discoveries and communicate with registries;
· Organize, assemble and draft chambers records, books of authorities, court pleadings and prepare agreements as required;
· Conduct searches and carry out investigations through internet and other means;
· Liaise with legal assistants, paralegals, other lawyers and clients on file progress;
· General administrative duties including entering timesheets and co-ordinating billing cycle
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
· Minimum 3-5 years’ experience as a Legal Assistant in Litigation;
· Experience in Bankruptcy/Insolvency an asset;
· Understanding and familiarity with various Litigation legal precedents and procedures;
· Formal Legal Administrative Assistant education and training an asset;
· Advanced PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
· Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
· Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectations;
· Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
· Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal and external clients
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates with the required experience will be contacted.
All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality.