Corporate Paralegal (Business Law Services)
Cores Level 3
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to see the big picture in all aspects of their position. You will be a self-starting, positive individual who will participate in the day-to-day operations of the corporate department in addition to the position itself. As mentoring of other paralegals is a component of this position, the candidate will be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
· Provide independent professional support services
· Attend to annual maintenance matters and extra-provincial registration as required
· Draft documents for corporate transactions including but not limited to incorporation, amendment and amalgamation
· Complete share transactions
· Examining and filing documentation online to a level 3 Accreditation
· Maintaining integrity of corporate database and all record keeping systems
· Assisting with the preparation of checklists and precedents
· Assist with closings as requested
· Diploma in paralegal studies or equivalent combined with a minimum of seven years of direct experience in a Paraprofessional position combined with good to excellent knowledge of current corporate laws and procedures
· Minimum CORES level 3 Required for this position
· Excellent research and analytical skills, good judgment, attention to detail and organization skills
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Proficient computer and word processing skills. Knowledge of Enact or similar corporate database an asset
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks/deadlines as they relate to client matters
· Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions
· Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision
If you are a driven and self-motivated legal assistant or paralegal, we want to hear from you!
Our client offers exceptional benefits and compensation packages
We thank all interested applicants however only candidates with the required experience will be contacted.
All inquiries and applications will be handled with the highest level of confidentiality.