Legal Assistant - Litigation
On behalf of our highly esteemed client, a national law firm; we are currently seeking an experienced, motivated and energetic Litigation legal assistant to join its magnificent team!
· Preparing, editing, formatting, printing, scanning and revising correspondence, memoranda, litigation documents, reports, forms, labels and other printed material through dictation, copy typing or other instructions, in accordance with the requirements set by the practice group.
· Proofreading documents and checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar and clarity.
· Assisting lawyers in the preparation and coordination of hearings and trials; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings and filing requirements.
· Preparing basic court pleadings, preparing charts or other courtroom visuals.
· Coordinating service and filing of proceedings with agencies and courts.
· Scheduling and coordinating discoveries, expert witnesses or other court-designated hearings. Monitoring evidence gathering.
· Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures.
· Managing files including: opening new files, maintaining large and complex files, developing, maintaining and utilizing an orderly filing and retrieval system to ensure ease of reference to historical paper or electronic records, organizing law and precedent files.
· Assisting with the preparation and finalization of dockets to ensure deadlines are met on a daily basis; checking pre-bills and coordinating client billing matters with the Accounting Department.
Bankruptcy & Litigation Duties:
Coordinating service and filing of various pleadings utilized in connection with court.
Providing general support services associated with corporate/commercial transactions in the restructuring context.
· Legal Assistant diploma or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years of experience as a litigation legal assistant.
· Capacity to identify, understand, meet and/or exceed the needs and expectations of internal and external clients in a timely manner.
· Commitment to setting, achieving and/or exceeding individual, team, or firm goals.
· Experience with computer or other technological equipment, including experience with BigHand and CMS. Also, required knowledge/experience in specific practice areas or work processes/protocols.
· In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures.
· Strong attention to detail and superior word processing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills.
· Capacity to perform duties with speed and accuracy.
· Strong time management to meet important deadlines, organizational and multi-tasking skills and ability to work under pressure.
To view additional available legal positions, please visit our website at www.rsgrecruiting.com