Corporate Commercial/Securities Legal Assistant
If you are talented in providing unprecedented service, are enthusiastic and a team player, we are looking for you! We are currently looking for a Legal Assistant to join the Corporate Commercial/Securities department of a Top Notch National Law Firm.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Update and revise a variety of often lengthy documents;
• Maintain records of all client files, related records and general files;
• Edit, format, print and revise letters, memos, reports, forms, labels and other printed material using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, from dictation or other instruction as required;
• Perform a variety of routine tasks as well as special projects as required;
• Answer the telephone, route callers, take messages and provide routine information to callers;
• Maintain daily appointment calendars, meeting bookings, make travel arrangements as required;
• Input all time entries daily and process all accounts for the lawyers;
• Open and close client/matter files;
• Open and sort mail;
• Perform administrative and related duties as assigned and to assist others in the department as required;
• Other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience Required
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a Legal Administrative Assistant position;
• Formal Legal Administrative Assistant education and training an asset;
• Experience in Securities required;
• Intermediate PC skills, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.);
• SEDAR experience desirable;
• Detail oriented;
• High energy, able to use good judgment and maintain professionalism;
• Able to ensure utmost confidentiality and use of discretion at all times;
• Dedicated to providing quality service to clients and consistently meet expectations by providing service beyond expectations;
• Excellent communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with ability to listen effectively, respond appropriately, and maintain mutual comfort level while relating to a diverse group of individuals;
• Strong ability to perform well and be unfailingly diplomatic in a high pressure environment with multiple internal and external clients;
• Able to remain productive within time-sensitive and fast-paced environment;
• Excellent organizational and time management skills;
• Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize and deliver creative solutions;
• Ability to multitask, establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives under minimal supervision; and
• Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with all staff.
Our client offers a very attractive total compensation and benefit package. Salary will be dependent on the skill level and experience of the successful candidate.
For immediate consideration please submit your resume in confidence to Sue Reis at email@example.com